Thread: BMW E36 332ti $18,000

BMW E36 332ti $18,000

BMW 332ti
    This is an opportunity to pick up a rare package that can be developed further.
    2000 BMW E36 318ti sport, techno violet, factory sunroof, sports seats, M3 bodykit, etc. VIN AR77998
    Fitted with engine, gearbox and front suspension from a E36 M3 Cabriolet VIN EX67007
    IMG_0002sml.jpgIMG_0003sml.jpgIMG_0004sml.jpg
    I put this project together myself in 2010, from a running 318ti and 94220Km M3 half-cut. This is a completely street legal car, registered in the ACT with the M3 engine number. Only the remote locking is not working, everything else is fully functional, including the A/C. The build is on http://www.bmwforums.com.au/ in project cars, title is Dave-s-E36-M? it’s missing some of the photos but I can supply on request. The car has 2 sets of 17” wheels one everyday with Michelin PS3s (215/45/17) and one competition with Kumho KU36 (235/45/17, 255/40/17)

It was built to meet the local hillclimb street category (no ROPS) and was very competitive until a category change, but to be competitive in the next category the car would be unsuitable for daily driving. I have used this car as a weekly driver I ride a bicycle to work hence the continued low Km, it is extremely practical as a daily vehicle. BMW only made one of these cars, this is one of 3(?) in Australia and less than 30 in the world. Only been to Wakefield once, 1:12 on Michelin PS2s.

Please, no low offers this is a genuine low Km S50B32. I’m happy to let this car go as a complete package as I have acquired a Z3 for my next project (V12?) but, while it’s more work than I planned, I’m also prepared to use this engine to build a Z3M, which will be eligible in the street category, Z3M’s are quite rare so this is not a bad option.

Components:
    S50B32 engine (236Kw) 118000Km
    6 speed manual gearbox
    LSD 180mm 3.64:1 with 325i Drive shafts
    M3 front subframe, hubs and Brakes with Zimmermann Floating Rotors
    Alloy flywheel
    M5 organic clutch
    M3 pressure plate
    KW V3 Coilovers (2 way adjustable) (M3 struts included)
    Adjustable steering column
    30mm Front Anti roll bar (Turner Motorsport)
    Front Strut brace (Turner Motorsport)
    Rear camber/Toe adjustable

Further development potential for new owner:
    rear suspension anti rollbar and stiffer springs
    Upgrade rear brakes for sprints (not a problem for Hillclimb)
    R spec tyres
    Better cats lighter and freer flowing
    Chip tune 15Kw (different places offer different results)
    Lighten interior, race seats, remove factory sound matt, etc

IMG_0005.jpgIMG_0006.jpgIMG_0010.jpgIMG_0017.jpg
    Last edited by DavidE21; 25-10-2016 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Readability

I know of more than 3 in NSW alone, I'm good friends with 2 of the owners and they know a couple others

Driven my mates black M3 half car and it was a blast, car looks great man I'm sure you'll pass it on quick GLWS!
    E36 3182025M3iS aka "Bitsa" S50B32 - UUC Corsa Exhaust - Wilwood 332X 32 front rotors w/ Wilwood SL's Hawk HT10 Pads - TMS Braided Lines - DGR Coilovers - TMS rear camber arms - -4 FR -2.5 RR - Carbon Fiber Sunroof - Momo mod78 - AGI Half Cage - Road and Race Corner Balance (1160kg) - M3R/ LTW Front Splitter - STW Rear Spoiler - Hard/ STW Center Lock 18X8.5 on 245 Nitto NT01's - 3.91 1.5 way LSD

Awesome car, did you need to get engineer certified for the swap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My BMWs :
    1994 E36 316i - don't know why I bought it
    1996 E36 318i - boring but bullet proof
    1990 E30 325i - Sold, oh why !
    1989 E34 535i - So nice !
    1989 E30 325is - Sold
    1986 E30 325i vert with M52B28 - Latest toy

Quote Originally Posted by mfyoung1086 View Post
    I know of more than 3 in NSW alone, I'm good friends with 2 of the owners and they know a couple others

Driven my mates black M3 half car and it was a blast, car looks great man I'm sure you'll pass it on quick GLWS!
    Good to know there's more out there!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ecsk View Post
    Awesome car, did you need to get engineer certified for the swap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No engineering certificate required, no welding, it's an E36 engine in an E36 body, so it's an engine swap. ACT rego inspection did check that the correct brakes were fitted in conjunction with the engine. Rego papers have the M3 engine number so transfer to other states should be straightforward.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidE21 View Post
    No engineering certificate required, no welding, it's an E36 engine in an E36 body, so it's an engine swap. ACT rego inspection did check that the correct brakes were fitted in conjunction with the engine. Rego papers have the M3 engine number so transfer to other states should be straightforward.

yah engine number on rego good

in NSW you'd have to have it engineered because the state doesn't recognize the e36/5 and the e36 as the same chassis, but if the engine number is on the rego papers when transferred it's not really an issue (because you need the engineer cert to get the number on the rego papers here)
    E36 3182025M3iS aka "Bitsa" S50B32 - UUC Corsa Exhaust - Wilwood 332X 32 front rotors w/ Wilwood SL's Hawk HT10 Pads - TMS Braided Lines - DGR Coilovers - TMS rear camber arms - -4 FR -2.5 RR - Carbon Fiber Sunroof - Momo mod78 - AGI Half Cage - Road and Race Corner Balance (1160kg) - M3R/ LTW Front Splitter - STW Rear Spoiler - Hard/ STW Center Lock 18X8.5 on 245 Nitto NT01's - 3.91 1.5 way LSD

Very tidy car this one. I wish I had seen this before I built mine!!! Very good price on this one Dave. 18k I feel is too low a price for all the work that goes into a build of one of these. New owner is getting a bargain! Hope it goes to a good home and keep it in the M compact hall of fame. Nice Job Dave! shame you can't keep it. The v12 was the other option I considered. think bmw did one build of the v12 in the z3 in their museum, next to the m compact.
    Look forward to seeing that if you build it!

Quote Originally Posted by mfyoung1086 View Post

Thanks for the complements. I am very tempted to build the V12 Z3, get another one-off BMW car ticked off the project list, it will require an engineering certificate though. The S50B32 engine is so sweet with a light flywheel I won't be disappointed if it ends up in the Z3.

Dave

BMW E36 332ti $18,000

Didn't sell, so the motor is out and will be installed in the Z3!

Last edited by DavidE21; 08-09-2017 at 06:36 PM.

Nooooo. Stick to the v12 plans!

Thread Information