Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommended Parts Sellers

This is looking really good already, Well done N1TRO for updating the 1st post.

Cheers lilbza, Ssuspension mods are on my radar just now, I'll definitely check out Tunershop and FCPEuro.

Mods, can we make this a sticky?

Anyone have an idea how much shipping for 4 wheels is through US TO OZ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rajvosa View Post
    "us to oz - secret to getting stuff from USA to Australia cheap ,providing you're not in a hurry, have cost calculator to minimalise guesswork."

Thanks all once again for contributing, list has been updated .

Admin, can we sticky this?

Quote Originally Posted by Rajvosa View Post
    I used them a year ago when I bought some wheels off eBay.com - it was just over $350 from California to Sydney.
    Sarah was really helpful and made the process extremely easy.

Quote Originally Posted by N1TRO View Post
    Admin, can we sticky this?
    Done
    E36 M3 3.2 'Evo' Boston Green on Modena - Slicktop - Al doors - PDC - JBR 5kg F/W - Clutchmasters FX400 - Mason SS Clutch pedal - UUC Evo3 SSK w/DSSR - PWR radiator - DrVanos o/haul - Full AKG 75D bushing & mount set - AP delete - Fan delete - X-brace - BC Racing C/Os 8k/10k - Whiteline 27mmF/22mmR ARBs and adj endlinks - ARC8 17x8.5 - Nitto NT01 - APEX 75mm stud - Walbro GSS342 - Schroth Harness - TMS rear control arms - GT splitter - GT 4pc wing - Momo Monte Carlo - Racechrono TS - RaceDAC - RR Strut Brace - Proflow PS res + AN lines - VDO gaugeset - E46 330 rack - VAC oil pump upgrade - ARP conrod bolts - Magnaflow spun cats - MAC Motoren Airbox - AlphaN - BMW Motorsport 3.91 - ATI/VAC HB - AP Racing / 332x32 'MASSIVE' brake kit - Ferodo DSUNO - Roose MS Nomex-Aramid hoses -

Quote Originally Posted by Kthree View Post
    Done
    Awesome! , thanks man.

Great sticky idea!
    Thought it might be worthwhile to add this one - although not a seller as such, but this little search engine is fantastic when cross-checking pricing across the common US suppliers;

http://furiousmethod.com/

On another note, I'm considering ordering a bunch of OEM gaskets, bolts/ hardware and bearings.
    Given current exchange rates (US vs EU vs AU), Schmiedmann is looking very appealing. But I've never personally used them, and the feedback online is very mixed with some horror stories of damaged goods & month-long delays - can anyone attest for these guys?
    Currently have shopping carts loaded with Pelican (bearings & gaskets) and FCP (everything else)
    Last edited by nufnsuss; 22-09-2016 at 06:47 PM.

I've used Schmiedmann a number of times.
    The shipping to Sydney takes about 5 days.
    Standard sized items they're fine on, I ordered some bulky but light parts and they emailed me to double the shipping cost - obviously I cancelled the order.
    Also, make sure you know what brand you're getting as their site doesn't always specify and their unbranded parts are expensive.

I've used Schmiedmann plenty of times and they're good. Fast if they have the part in stock, and good correspondence if their suppliers are taking a while to get a part in.

Sometimes I've had to wait a few weeks, or even up to a couple of months for a particularly rare part but they can get almost anything if you are willing to wait.

Their shipping calculator doesn't work properly for bulky parts as mentioned, although this has only ever happened to me once and again they were quick with their correspondence to update the cost of shipping.

The "horror" stories are the usual types on the internet who like to whinge, and aren't willing to wait for anything (wanted it all, yesterday).

Thanks guys, that's all the feedback I needed - I'll give them shot.

Also, I should probably clarify, the 'horror' stories I referred to were all about concerning goods damaged in transit and the (supposedly) poor service that came after the fact..

Couple of updates from me:

https://rallyroad.net/ Used them for oil cooler filter adapter plus some other bits and bobs such as Vanos banjo airline adapter. Eric was very helpful via email.

https://www.scuderia-autoart.com/ NSW based KW suspension dealer. I spent a while doing the maths and I couldn't find a cheaper way to get KW suspension in Australia. Maybe if you could find a way to guarantee not having to pay import fees it might work out less to source from abroad. But I was pleasantly surprised by their prices and at least then you've got a local contact if any issues crop up.

Steve C

I was surprised to find that this one hasn't been listed here previously;

http://www.bimmerworld.com/

They focus more towards BMW performance gear, but also carry some OEM and Aftermarket parts at good prices. Shipping is reasonable, especially on larger stuff.
    I've personally used them only a couple of times for smaller orders some years back, but have just placed an order for a clutch kit and some other heavy bulk parts, so will update this post once it's been received (I tend to get nervous about damage during transit when it comes to heavy stuff).

Also, FYI; they're running a special on Clutch Master clutch kits this month of October - cheapest cost for CM kits landed into Aus by quite a stretch

Thread Information