Thread: What In The Actual

What In The Actual

So I have a 1994 Suzuki Swift 1.3.

My brother was going to throw it out because he can't drive and the clutch was ruined. I took it off his hands. Part of the problem with the car was that it had a power loss problem intermittently. I found a reconditioned motor with a new clutch and did the swap.

Only, the power loss was still there. So I did the fuel pump. Then the fuel filter. Then the ignition coil. The the ignition leads. Then the earth strap. And it's still doing it.

Yesterday I drove it after working on the earth strap, and then took it for a drive and it was fine. Then my dad took the car last night and reported that it still had the problem. The only difference was it was very hot during the car and less hot at night.

I haven't the faintest idea what it could be. Does anyone had ANY idea?
    Never lift.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheqel View Post

power loss
    Heh.
    A-seven

Try a new ecu?

How well did you clean up the grounding points? Bare metal to bare metal then touch up with some paint when its back together. Grab a multimeter and check bonding from chassis to engine, and ECU earth pin to chassis and engine, >5ohm is going to exhibit issues with pretty much anything electrical in one way or another
    E36 M3 3.2 'Evo' Boston Green on Modena - Slicktop - Al doors - PDC - JBR 5kg F/W - Clutchmasters FX400 - Mason SS Clutch pedal - UUC Evo3 SSK w/DSSR - PWR radiator - DrVanos o/haul - Full AKG 75D bushing & mount set - AP delete - Fan delete - X-brace - BC Racing C/Os 8k/10k - Whiteline 27mmF/22mmR ARBs and adj endlinks - ARC8 17x8.5 - Nitto NT01 - APEX 75mm stud - Walbro GSS342 - Schroth Harness - TMS rear control arms - GT splitter - GT 4pc wing - Momo Monte Carlo - Racechrono TS - RaceDAC - RR Strut Brace - Proflow PS res + AN lines - VDO gaugeset - E46 330 rack - VAC oil pump upgrade - ARP conrod bolts - Magnaflow spun cats - MAC Motoren Airbox - AlphaN - BMW Motorsport 3.91 - ATI/VAC HB - AP Racing / 332x32 'MASSIVE' brake kit - Ferodo DSUNO - Roose MS Nomex-Aramid hoses -

No ECU, she has a carby. And I swapped the motor with a different carb on it, and it does exactly the same thing.

*sobs*
    Never lift.

Two dud engines.
    A-seven

Quote Originally Posted by Sheqel View Post
    No ECU, she has a carby. And I swapped the motor with a different carb on it, and it does exactly the same thing.

*sobs*
    Distributor, vacuum lines, and throw a carby kit at it?
    E36 M3 3.2 'Evo' Boston Green on Modena - Slicktop - Al doors - PDC - JBR 5kg F/W - Clutchmasters FX400 - Mason SS Clutch pedal - UUC Evo3 SSK w/DSSR - PWR radiator - DrVanos o/haul - Full AKG 75D bushing & mount set - AP delete - Fan delete - X-brace - BC Racing C/Os 8k/10k - Whiteline 27mmF/22mmR ARBs and adj endlinks - ARC8 17x8.5 - Nitto NT01 - APEX 75mm stud - Walbro GSS342 - Schroth Harness - TMS rear control arms - GT splitter - GT 4pc wing - Momo Monte Carlo - Racechrono TS - RaceDAC - RR Strut Brace - Proflow PS res + AN lines - VDO gaugeset - E46 330 rack - VAC oil pump upgrade - ARP conrod bolts - Magnaflow spun cats - MAC Motoren Airbox - AlphaN - BMW Motorsport 3.91 - ATI/VAC HB - AP Racing / 332x32 'MASSIVE' brake kit - Ferodo DSUNO - Roose MS Nomex-Aramid hoses -

Nooo I need it to be easier...
    Never lift.

Come on! Carbs and dizzys aren't that painful *puts on rose-tinted glasses*

Thread Information